On Sun, Aug 3, 2008 at 7:44 PM, James Cameron <quozl at us.netrek.org> wrote:
> It may not be necessary to reveal heading, if all other sources of
> information are made relative to current heading.
[...]

Ah I see. Another idea I had was breaking the game board up into
uniform squares and then specify heading that way. Besides navigation
it could be used to identify enemy and friendly ships. Needless to say
such a client will have to be borg to give the needed functionality
but I think playing netrek sightless is enough of a challenge so I
for one would notr dare begrude them borg features. You could also
specify velocity so a player might here "F2 warp 9 sector 3,2", with
stereo you could use one channel for navigation and weapon alerts and
the other for team messages etc.

Zach