=- Bill Balcerski wrote on Tue 19.Feb'08 at 19:10:04 -0500 -=

> > > Is there a distinction possible between "host unreachable" and
> > > "server down"?
> >
> > I don't know, it has been a while since I worked in the
> > metaserver code.
>
> I can't speak for how the metaserver sorts these cases,

... well, now I can, after I had a closer look at the code (which I
had unfortunately after I fired my previous reply to James).

> but on the client end (for the Windows clients) our users can
> parse their metaserver listing to only show server types they
> want. Relevant snippet from netrekrc.txt is as follows:
>
> So by default, XP 2006 doesn't list servers that couldn't be
> connected to, or timed out servers.

Since the client only reacts to all possible given output, that
would have answered my question if I hadn't looked myself in the
meantime, thanks.