On 2009-04-30 10:19:39 -0500, Joe Evango
<joe at romulus.netrek.org> said:

> Would it be possible to fix this issue without updating the client?

Short answer: no

Long answer: Still no. :-) The metaserver entries are hard coded into
the app, need to change the code to change the entries.

> Thinking of the people that have already downloaded mactrek. I will update =
> the client on playnetrek.org but what are we going to do about the listing =
> on apple.com. Would hate to have it delisted. I do not have permissions to =
> update the client in /files/Mactrek on netrek.org. Can someone with write p=
> ermission to that directory update the client?

Gerdesas and Quozl can give stats on MacTrek clients, just skimming
irc, it's very few. While it's nice to have stuff on apple.com, most of
it is pretty crufty. Most times I download apps from there first thing
it does is auto-update

--
Bob Tanner <basic at us.netrek.org>
Key fingerprint = F785 DDFC CF94 7CE8 AA87 3A9D 3895 26F1 0DDB E378