On Mon, Jun 01, 2009 at 04:40:05PM -0400, Collin Pruitt wrote:
> Zachary Uram wrote:
> > Ok something weird is going on. I did a 'darcs add' on the new file
> > (the .html) and a 'darcs record' and darcs said it recorded my
> > changes. I then further edited the .html file and did a 'darcs record'
> > and it found 6 changes and recorded them. Here is the ouput of 'darcs
> > changes':
> >
> > zu22 at debian:/var/www/darcs/netrek-server-metaserver/Vanilla$ darcs changes
> > Sun May 31 17:39:55 PDT 2009  netrek at gmail.com
> >   * updated info in metaserver howto
> >
> > Sat May 30 12:44:42 PDT 2009  netrek at gmail.com
> >   * convert linuxdoc SGML to HTML
> >
> > BTW, I noticed if I run 'darcs changes' one directory up (in
> > /netrek-server-metaserver/) it does not show my changes.
> >
> > Any idea what is going on and how I can fix this?
> >
> > Zach

> You shouldn't be running Darcs in the Vanilla directory, you should be
> running it one directory higher.

Actually, in general that's untrue, because the darcs command works fine
no matter how deep you are in the repository, but in this situation Zach had
created a darcs repository inside another repository, the witness mark
is this: _darcs/ exists on
http://darcs.jesujuva.org/netrek-server-metaserver/Vanilla/

To recover from this unusual situation, you should do this:

1.  be in the Vanilla directory and generate a diff of your change,
using "darcs diff --last=1 > /tmp/patch",

2.  branch *my* repository again to some other name, using "darcs get",

3.  in the new branch, apply the patch manually, e.g.

	patch < /tmp/patch

4.  record the change, e.g.

	darcs record

5.  then figure out how to provide the branch to us.  I strongly suggest
you do not call it "netrek-server-metaserver", because that name is
already used, and it doesn't mean anything.

And, again, don't change the HTML.