On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 02:23:17PM -0400, Karthik Arumugham wrote:
> Now, this still requires someone to connect to it to make it
> solicit...and for some reason, orion.netrek.org has been connecting to
> it and thus starting the daemon and making it solicit, for reasons
> unbeknownst to me.

Orion has a temporary metaserver running to cope with the MacTrek users
who have a hard coded hostname of orion.netrek.org.  That's the MacTrek
currently released version that has that.  It is certainly getting hits.

The temporary metaserver has only pickled and continuum listed.

> Anyways, I've killed the server and commented out
> the auto-startup script, so you should be able to restart the meta and
> have the duplicate go away.

I've restarted the metaserver on sage.

I've restarted the temporary metaserver on orion, it was warning of:
1245286692: strange server write 27 error 5 with pickled.netrek.org