All,

Observed on pickled server last night during pre-T entertainment.  Did not try it during t-mode.  While peaced and carrying, fly to enemy planet, orbit with shields up, and beam down.  Shields drop but armies don't, which is expected.  Declare war.  Armies start dropping immediately before war declaration 10 second timer runs out.  I believe this is a bug.  Note that beam down key was only pressed before declaring war. Client XP 2009 although I doubt that matters.  Bug is repeatable.

Tried same technique with bombing.  Shields stayed up.  Bombing never started even after war declaration timer ran out, which is expected.

Doug Gremaux
aka He'sDeadJim

Disclaimer Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail, and any attachments
and/or documents linked to this email, are intended for the
addressee and may contain information that is privileged,
confidential, proprietary, or otherwise protected by law. Any
dissemination, distribution, or copying is prohibited. This
notice serves as a confidentiality marking for the purpose of
any confidentiality or nondisclosure agreement. If you have
received this communication in error, please contact the
original sender.