Starting new thread.

> For your interest, my wife was sitting there writing something on our
> MacBook, and the fan was spinning like crazy.  SSH'd in, and found
> MacTrek had left behind a newstartd and was repeatedly forking "players
> u unknown", which was failing and causing a crash process.

Looks like the server gets started in ServerControllerNew.m, quick look
makes it seem pretty light on coding, like stuff is missing.

> I don't *know* that MacTrek will always do this.  I thought of checking
> the server code base used, but there is no source for it in the MacTrek
> repository.  Puzzling.

svn co https://mactrek.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/mactrek/trunk mactrek

That didn't pull the 1.4.0 code base for you?

But I also see Resources/PRECOMPILED/INTEL and what looks like all the
server stuff there, pretty tired right now, but I'll look to see if the
xcode project compiles that. Seem odd that precompiled binaries come
down with a svn checkout.

--
Bob Tanner <basic at us.netrek.org>
Key fingerprint = F785 DDFC CF94 7CE8 AA87 3A9D 3895 26F1 0DDB E378