On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 1:16 AM, John R. Dennison <jrd at gerdesas.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 11:12:28PM +0200, Toumal Rakesh wrote:
> >
> > I guess me using gmail (which displays emails nicely regardless) has made
> me
> > insensitive of this ;)
>
>         Thanks :)
>
> > Roger that, I've attached the files. Thanks for the help.
>
>         LONG is 8 bytes?  That's a 64-bit platform, isn't it?
>
>        Black magic is required to get bots working on 64-bit platforms
>        due to nonsense.  In robotsd/ add "-m32" to the the CC line in
>        the Makefile; I think that might be all that is required.
>
>        Feel free to fix it properly :) The bots are not using the
>        global include files; they use their own copies instead  which
>        are not 64-bit clean.  At least this is what my failing memory
>        seems to recall.

Yep it's 64 bits...

I'm afraid -m32 gets me into 32-bit-library hell since I can't seem to get a
32-bit version of libgdbm that he likes.

I took a look at those header files - um, it's safe to say they're very,
very different. I'm not a C-guru (not anymore, doing java for a living these
days) - is there anything particular that I could look out for to make
things work with 64bit?