Thanks!  I thought I was being lazy by skipping the short packets implementation.  But I was just forward-thinking!  ;-).

Related to SELF_8FLAGS2, I happen to be digging into Robert Temple’s old JTrek client this evening and noticed that SELF_8FLAGS2 is turned off by default there too. Of course that’s a client not a server.

public class FeatureList {
…
	public Feature[] features = {
		new Feature("SELF_8FLAGS2", Feature.SERVER_TYPE, Feature.OFF, Feature.SEND_FEATURE),

Darrell