Netrek-dev,

John Lee wrote to netrek-forever:
> Next game: Saturday Mar 5, 2022 @ 6pm Pacific /9pm Eastern.  Down Under, that is Sunday Mar 6 @ 1pm Australian Eastern Daylight time

Just in time for the game, I’m pleased to announce MacOS Netrek version 2.4, available free through the MacOS App Store.

The prior version of the MacOS Netrek client had 3 separate windows: Tactical, Strategic, and Communications.  Often someone would be sending a message, move back to the tactical screen, but be unable to raise their shields because the text field in the communications window still had focus.  Here’s a video of one such incident:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4pcIuo6Kbw <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4pcIuo6Kbw>

Version 2.4 fixes that!  We’re back to one window.  If you are sending a message but click in the tactical or strategic screens, the (possibly incomplete) message is immediately sent and focus moves away from the text field.

A few other improvements: most noticeably the display has a colored border representing the current alert level.

Open source via https://github.com/darrellroot/Netrek-SwiftUI <https://github.com/darrellroot/Netrek-SwiftUI>

I hope to see you during Saturday’s game!

I also hope I didn’t introduce any bugs.  This version is not as well tested as I would like, but I really wanted it out before tomorrow’s game.

Darrell