On Mon, Aug 07, 2000 at 10:32:56PM -0500, Bob Tanner wrote:

> >  Couple questions:
> > 1) Is the source for the metaserver server side readily available?  I didn't
> > search that hard.
> > 2) Is the netrek license compatible with crossfire?  I downloaded the vanilla
> > server, but didn't see any license file there.
> <snip>
>
> I answered 1, but what is the status of 2? Did we ever get everything GPL'd
> or what is the license. I remember James(?) Dave(?) Tom(?) trying to track
> down some of the original authors for a license confirmation. Whatevery
> happend to that?

Not much.  There was some discussion about licensing issues on the Paradise
list, but that didn't amount to much, either.  Our Netrek license is very
broad, but maybe some clarification is in order.  I'll see if I can draft
up a license file that our current developers can agree upon.

Dave
--
Dave Ahn | ahn at vec.wfubmc.edu | Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center

When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced.  Try to live your life
so that when you die, you will rejoice and the world will cry.  -1/2 jj^2