On Wed, Nov 21, 2001 at 02:44:24PM -0500, Gerard Lim wrote:
> Hey I'm sort of working on an xtrekrc editor for COW.

Well, please look at gum in the Netrek server.  It is a Glade
based GTK+ GUI for editing the server configuration files, which
I wrote in order to prepare for a client equivalent.  You may be
able to re-use a lot of the code.  Especially the stuff that lets
human edited configuration files be changed without losing any of
the embedded comment lines.

> Eventually I plan on having at least a keymap editor
> and a means for changing all the different client options
> I think are important.

I felt it was essential to cover every option supported by the
server, since I cannot judge what is important.  It could have
been a lot of work, but I figured out a few shortcuts in Glade.
(Example: editing the XML to add a field).  Also, I built common
code and a means of processing the UI changes that was scalable;
adding a new option became very easy.