Rado:

If I understand your intent, as split over many different message threads:

Your concern and your feelings are not unique. Once upon a time, many
years ago, there was a major break between the people who wanted to keep
the standard Netrek rules + feel. Status quo if you wish. Others wanted
to make the game all new with huge extensions. This became the birth of
Netrek Paradise.

The source is open - you can do what you will. Nobody can stop you.

But, if you want to change the existing game, as maintained by the
existing maintainers, you are going to have to deal with the fact that
precedents have already been set, and expectations already exist. I saw
you claim something to the effect of "this game is not your game - this
is all of our game." The same applies in reverse, Rado. This game is not
your game - this is all of our game. The community has put trust in the
current people "in power", and there is little you can do about it.

Cheers,
mark

--
Mark Mielke <mark at mielke.cc>