=- James Cameron wrote on Mon  2.Jul'07 at 15:45:13 +1000 -=

> On Sun, Jul 01, 2007 at 05:22:20PM +0200, Rado S wrote:
> > Raising the threshold just a little makes it harder for
> > simpletons to just change a few simple things to give them an
> > advantage and reduces the number of people capable of cheating,
> > just because it isn't as easily possible anymore.
>
> I will not lie to the simpletons by creating a perception of security.

You don't have to lie about it.
Just state it as it is: it is not safe, but makes it harder.

> I'd prefer to have simpletons rather than experts, attempting to
> cheat, since it will be more obvious and detectable on average.

A game cheater with open access to the code doesn't require
hacker qualities.
How would the cheating differ between experts and simpletons (among
cheaters or hackers)? For example an aim or dodge correction
(copying from the bots).

> By lowering the threshold it makes it easier to notice cheating.

And then do what?