=- Jeffrey Watts wrote on Fri 28.Mar'08 at  1:48:00 -0500 -=

> Anyhow, I'm going against my better judgment to try to explain
> this to you again.

Funny that you mention this, those were exactly my thoughts, too. :)
Bear with me a last time, then judge better. ;)

> By responding to every sentence I wrote you kind of missed my point,
> but I do appreciate that you feel the need to explain your views.

It's useless (for me) to go this far and then let wrong impressions
stay as last words. I'm not the bad guy despite opposing the main
guy seen as "good". There isn't just black and white.

> You see, this kind of "explaining your views" is your problem.
> {...}
> you need to make your point and move on. You do not move on. You
> go quiet for a month or so, then post, post, post there it comes
> again.

If I wouldn't have had moved on, I wouldn't have stumbled over
the meta-server issues to raise them, which were the origin of this
activity. One query led to another. Besides, netrek decisions have
changed over course of time, so there are chances other things
change, too.

No, "explaining" is not the problem. It helps understand and make
people think.
 Sometimes new insights pop up.
 I learned something new about James (and other things), so I
thought it could be combined with something else.
 This time I just forgot a fact which would have stopped me from
going the known wrong way again. I didn't recall until we clashed
again about it.

> Most of the developers that still respond to you are obviously not
> taking you seriously at all, and your continued onslaught of
> comments only serves to make it worse.

I'm not blind, I'm aware of that. So obviously I'm not responding
only for/ to them, as much as my original questions weren't limited
to them. It's a pity the same few people responded the same way.
(Is this really all that is left?)
 While I said I'm sorry for them responding when they shouldn't,
it's still up to them. If there is interest in learning, then
follow through, otherwise don't even start.

> I don't see you as a bad person, my personal opinion is that your
> communication techniques are very flawed and backfire on you.

I'm probably mistaken about the energy and diversity total that is
left in netrek to find some likeminded folks.

Anyway: you keep doubling the posts by using 2 addrs. Please use
just @lists.netrek.org.