On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 10:10:50PM -0400, Mark Mielke wrote:
>  1. Forward and reverse orbits - depending on entry trajectory (affects game
>     play)
>  2. Smooth bouncing off the walls - errors in the wall bounce logic made it
>     jitter unpredictably.
>  3. Proper calculation of wall wrap - again, errors in the wall logic under
>     chaos rules
>  4. Phaser lock across the wall, plasma seeking across the wall
>  5. Enemies across the wall show up as "near", meaning better cloaker
>     approximation (more frequent updates), and proper updates to "see"
>     torpedoes, phasers, etc. across the wall in suitably modified clients.

Each of those I am willing to try to merge, if only as an #ifdef or
sysdef enabled feature.

I had an idea for wrap perception simplification which offsets all
coordinates given to a player so that they remain locked in the centre
of the galactic.  As they move the offset changes, and so everything
moves around them.  It would have a bad effect on the data stream
though, since planets would need to be moved.