On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 10:56 PM, James Cameron <quozl at us.netrek.org> wrote:

>  I had an idea for wrap perception simplification which offsets all
>  coordinates given to a player so that they remain locked in the centre
>  of the galactic.  As they move the offset changes, and so everything
>  moves around them.  It would have a bad effect on the data stream
>  though, since planets would need to be moved.

So in the conventional method the planets are fixed and the player
moves through space. In your proposed method the player is static and
space (the planets) moves relative to the player yes? Interesting, I
am guessing the latter method would result in a larger sized update
being required than the former? Do any popular games use your method?

Zach