Hi Johnny,

AFAIK, the netrek code is under a very liberal license. It is akin to
BSD so that shouldn't be a problem. Commercial use is fine as long as
you follow the license terms so it shouldn't have to go under
non-free. The cow client is listed in the Ubuntu repository already in
fact: http://old-releases.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/multiverse/n/netrek-client-cow/
BTW, shouldn't COW be in the new releases?